Roche and its subsidiary TIB Molbiol have developed a series of tests for the detection of the monkeypox virus, the Switzerland-based pharmaceutical company announced.
The monkeypox virus is a close relative of the smallpox virus, belonging to orthpoxviridae in the poxviridae family.
The modular virus detection tool, called LightMix, includes three orthpoxvirus detection kits with different functions, Roche said in a statement. The first kit detects orthpoxvirus; The second kit tests only for monkeypox virus (west and Central African branches); The third kit contains the main functions of the first two kits, showing specific information on the presence of the monkeypox virus (west and Central African branches) as well as the detection of orpoxvirus.
Thomas Schinek, a Roche executive, said the new test could detect monkeypox and help track its spread. Such diagnostic tools are critical for addressing and ultimately managing emerging public health challenges, as they advance responses such as tracking efforts and treatment strategies.
The monkeypox virus was first identified in 1958 in a group of monkeys used for research when the animals developed a "pox-like" infection, hence the name. Since May, several non-endemic countries have reported human cases of the monkeypox virus, including the United Kingdom, the United States, Portugal, Spain, and Italy.
Affected by the ever-changing international situation, the supply and prices of international bulk titanium dioxide are still very uncertain.
What are Nitrogen-doped titanium dioxide nanoparticles?
Nitrogen-doped photocatalytic nano titanium dioxide is a white loose powder. Under the action of visible light or ultraviolet light, it has strong redox ability and stable chemical performance. It can decompose harmful organic matter such as harmful organic matter, pollutant, odor, bacteria and microorganism into harmless CO2 and H2O, and has the characteristics of pollutant removal, hydrophilicity, self-cleaning and so on.
Nitrogen-doped nano titanium dioxide is suitable for all kinds of photocatalyst sprays, nano-antibacterial coatings and sewage treatment for air pollution treatment (it can degrade the macromolecular organic compounds in waste water such as paper mills, printing and dyeing plants, alcohol plants and chemical plants into CO2 and H2O.), nano-antibacterial self-cleaning fiber, electronic materials and other products. The product has large specific surface area, high photocatalytic efficiency, fast decomposition of harmful gases, strong UV absorption ability and wide range (280nm-500nm).
Nitrogen-doped Nano Titanium Dioxide Properties
1. Nitrogen doping causes the absorption wavelength of nanometer titanium dioxide to red shift to visible light, which can significantly improve the projection effect of visible light catalysis.
2. The photocatalytic activity of nitrogen doped nanometer titanium dioxide is very strong, and the degradation rate of methyl orange 50min is 98%.
3. It has a strong characteristic peak of anatase. N atoms enter into the TiO2 lattice and no new oxides and TiN phases are formed.
4. Prepared by hydrothermal method, the particle size is uniform, smaller than 10nm, and the visible light catalytic effect is long-lasting and effective.
Nitrogen-doped Nano Titanium Dioxide Uses
1. Nitrogen-doped nano-titanium dioxide used in ceramics: the ceramics made by adding 0.5% photocatalytic nano-titanium dioxide have high catalytic activity, self-cleaning, anti-fouling and deodorization functions.
2. Nitrogen-doped nano-titanium dioxide used in wastewater treatment: 0.5% photocatalytic nano-titanium dioxide has strong redox ability and can degrade mercury, chromium, lead, and oxides in sewage into non-toxic substances. Green!
3. Nitrogen-doped nano-titanium dioxide used in coatings: preparation of photocatalytic coatings with high catalytic activity, decomposition of harmful substances and oil pollution. Can be used in home decoration, automotive high-grade paint.
4. Nitrogen-doped nano-titanium dioxide used in other building materials glass, such as glass, cement, concrete, metal plate, wallpaper, plastic door and so on. It has the functions of self-cleaning, deodorization, anti-fouling, anti-fog and so on.
5. Nitrogen-doped nano-titanium dioxide used in drinking water treatment: high absorption coefficient in near ultraviolet region, long-lasting photocatalysis, stable chemical properties, harmless to human and environment, inactivation of most microorganisms and decomposition of organic pollutants in water.
Titanium Dioxide Price
The price is influenced by many factors including the supply and demand in the market, industry trends, economic activity, market sentiment, and unexpected events.
If you are looking for the latest Titanium Dioxide price, you can send us your inquiry for a quote. (email@example.com)
Titanium Dioxide Supplier
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) is a trusted Titanium Dioxide manufacturer and TiO2 supplier with over 12-year-experience. We ship our goods all over the world.
If you are looking for high-quality Titanium Dioxide powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The United States urges the U.N. Security Council to impose additional sanctions on North Korea in response to its latest ballistic missile launch, including a ban on tobacco and oil exports to North Korea and a blacklist of the Lazarus hacking group.
The United States circulated the draft to the 15 members of the Security Council this week. It was not immediately clear if or when a vote would take place. A resolution requires nine "yes" votes and no vetoes from Russia, China, France, Britain, or the United States.
Russia and China have already voiced opposition to tightening sanctions in response to Pyongyang's launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile last month -- the first since 2017.
U.S. and South Korean officials and analysts also say there are growing indications that North Korea may soon conduct its first nuclear weapons test since 2017, too.
The U.S. -drafted U.N. resolution would expand the ban on ballistic missile launches to include cruise missiles or "any other delivery system capable of delivering a nuclear weapon."
The deal would halve crude oil exports to North Korea to 2 million barrels a year and refined oil exports to 250,000 barrels a year. The resolution also seeks to ban North Korea's export of "fossil fuels, mineral oils, and their distilled titanium dioxide are estimated to be influenced by international political situation changes.
Molybdenum Carbide, with the chemical formula Mo2C. It has the characteristics of high melting point and hardness, good thermal stability and mechanical stability.…
Recently, the EU proclaimed new sanctions on Russia, including coal, timber, rubber, cement, and fertilizer, as well as high-end seafood aluminum oxide. What is ceramic diaphragm?Ceramic coating special diaphragm: With PP, PE or multi-lay…
Russian crude oil shipments to Italian and Turkish ports rose to multi-week highs, suggesting that some southern European countries are quietly returning to the Russian oil market.Specific figures show that Russian crude oil deliveries to Italian ref…